Florence’s Quality Practice
- Our quality practice is the Florence Difference: better products and customer care for your mailbox solutions
- Establish and maintain a documented system that meets the requirements of both ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards
- Provide the human and material resources as deemed appropriate and feasible to the task
- Listen regularly to our customers and interested internal and external partners regarding expectations and insights on quality products and environmental practices
- Communicate regularly and effectively to each Florence team member about the importance of exceeding customer expectations and regulatory agencies standards
- With a corporate culture towards continual improvement, establish and execute measureable and attainable quality and environmental objectives and targets
- Periodically review effectiveness and suitability of our entire operating system with marked progress toward established objectives and targets
- Continually renew this commitment to excellence in producing quality products and by protecting the environment utilizing the basic principles of pollution prevention, waste minimization, and recycling
- Achieve or exceed compliance with applicable legal and other requirements, such as EPA, KDHE, OSHA, & NFPA regulations
- Click here to view our OSHA Certificate
Florence Corporation continues to demonstrate a solid commitment to quality craftsmanship. We are proud to have been the FIRST manufacturer in our industry to be ISO 9001:2008 certified and we consistently surpass all required audits.
You can be assured that your mailbox and storage needs will be crafted right the first time
ISO 9001: 2008 is an internationally recognized Quality Management Standard requiring qualifying companies to identify, define, document, implement, monitor, measure, and continually improve the effectiveness of its processes for the purposes of enhancing Customer Satisfaction. Companies must undergo third-party audits by accredited certification boards in order to become ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- make product and service development, manufacturing, and supply more efficient, safer, and cleaner
- facilitate trade among countries and make it fairer
- provide governments with a technical base for health, safety, environmental legislation, and conformity assessment
- share technological advances and good management practice among international partners
- disseminate and help to drive innovation
- safeguard consumers and users of products and services
- make life simpler by providing tested solutions to common problems
ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of business systems
- includes processes for continual improvement and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
All requirements of ISO 9001:2008 are generic and are intended to apply to all organizations, regardless of type, size, and product provided.
Selecting a manufacturer that voluntarily holds itself to these high standards ensures you will receive a quality product and dedicated customer service.
With its vertically integrated processes and strict quality control procedures, Florence has been dedicated to the highest standards since 1934.
Material Safety Data Sheets
MSDS sheets are not required for Florence mailbox products and packaging. They are exempt from the labeling and material safety data sheet requirements as provided under Title 29 CFR Part 1910.1200; nor do they, or their packaging, contain any asbestos or PCBs.
David Spidle, Quality Manager
Mr. Spidle joined Florence Corporation in January 2014 as Quality Engineer and was promoted to Quality Manager in April 2017. He is responsible for overseeing the quality department including quality auditors and supplier performance, and managing the ISO quality and environmental compliance while driving continual improvement. Prior to joining Florence, Mr. Spidle worked as a Manufacturing Engineer for AGCO Corporation and CNH America where he was involved in various aspects of manufacturing. He holds a bachelors’ degree in Industrial Engineering from Kansas State University.