Florence and Community Giving
Florence Corporation proudly supports the following local non-profit organizations:
- American Cancer Society - Relay for Life
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Manhattan - Bowling for Kids’ Sake
- Boys and Girls Club of Manhattan - Casino Night, Duck Dash, Capital Campaign
- Boy Scouts of America - Annual Campaign
- Flint Hills Area Builders Association - Golf Tournaments
- Flint Hills Breadbasket - Mayors Holiday Fund, Golf Tournament, Annual Food Drive
- Homecare and Hospice - Wine Festival
- Leadership Manhattan - Graduation
- Manhattan Arts Center - Annual Campaign, Show Sponsor
- Manhattan Emergency Shelter - Bag Lady Auction
- Manhattan Fire Department - Fire Pup Program
- Manhattan Library Foundation – Children’s Building Project
- Manhattan Mercury - Newspapers in Education
- Manhattan Rotary - Golf Tournament
- March of Dimes - March for Babies
- Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community - Capital Campaign
- Retired Seniors Volunteer Program - Festival of Trees
- Shrine Bowl - Annual High School Football Game
- Sunflower CASA - Annual Campaign, Comedy Night
- United Way - Annual Campaign
- USD 383 - Summer Magic Camp
Dedication to local organizations is the cornerstone of our Community Giving Program. Florence Corporation is proud to assist organizations and programs that improve the quality of life in our local community. Support may be provided through donations, in-kind services or by providing volunteers. The Company also encourages its employees to meet their social responsibilities by contributing time to support community service organizations, educational training activities and similar activities.
Eligible organizations wishing to receive a charitable contribution from Florence Corporation must be tax-exempt, 501(c)3 institutions. Eligible organizations must also be nonsectarian, nonpolitical and nondiscriminatory.
Special consideration will be given to programs and projects that offer measurable results and community development opportunities which focus on
- Human services
- Children's programs
- Arts or
- Health and other worthwhile charitable endeavors.
Contributions will normally be made for local programs, local affiliates of national organizations, and specific projects. Capital grants will be limited to unusual community opportunities.
Please note that Florence Corporation does not make charitable contributions to the following entities:
- Agencies that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, or national origin
- Political causes, candidates, legislative lobbying or advocacy groups
- Endowments or memorials
- Construction or renovation projects
- Religious organizations seeking to further a denominational or sectarian purpose
- Social, labor, alumni or fraternal organizations serving a limited constituency
- Special occasion, good-will, and single-interest magazines
- Travel funds for tours, expeditions or trips
How to Apply
All requests for support must be submitted in writing to the Florence Marketing Department and include the following:
- Name, address and phone number of organization and contact person
- an explanation of how the proposed funding would be used and the results to be accomplished
- a description of the organization, including purposes and objectives of its programs
- Names and qualifications of those managing the program or project to be funded, as well as a list of the organization's officers and directors
Informational inquiries in advance of formal proposals are encouraged to assist in identifying proposals that will fit the Company's criteria or priorities.
While we recognize that there are many worthwhile causes and organizations, we regret that some worthy programs may not receive our support. All requests will be considered; you may be contacted to provide further details regarding your program and verification of your organization's non-profit status. If the contribution request does not fall within the Company's guidelines and priorities, notice to that effect will be promptly provided.
Information on approved projects may be used for internal promotions and community press releases.