Whether you’re looking for credit toward a project’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification or simply believe in the principles of green design, sustainability practices at Florence make our mailboxes a smart choice.
Earn LEED Points
By specifying Florence mailboxes, you may be eligible to earn points in the following LEED Green Building Rating System v3.0* categories:
- Materials and Resources Credit 2: Florence products and packaging are 100% recyclable. This means that using Florence mailboxes may contribute to the Construction Waste Management credit.
- Materials and Resources Credit 4: Florence mailboxes used for new construction are manufactured principally from aluminum, which contains approximately 20% pre-consumer and 30% post-consumer recycled content, according to conservative estimates. This means 40% of the total dollars you spend on Florence mailboxes may contribute to the Recycled Content credit.
- Materials and Resources Credit 5: Florence is headquartered in Manhattan, Kansas. If you use Florence mailboxes for a project within 500 miles of Manhattan, you may be eligible for the Regional Materials credit.
- Regional Priority Credit 1: Florence products may also contribute to Regional Priority bonus points, which are granted for geographically specific environmental priorities. For more information, check the LEED regional priority credits available in your project’s area.
* When v4 takes affect in 2016, available LEED credits and requirements will be subject to change. We will update our documentation at that time.
Use Environmentally Conscious Products
We at Florence are proud of our commitment to preserving and protecting the environment. Through our conscientious manufacturing processes and operational practices, we create quality products with a minimal environmental impact:
- Quality: We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and were the first manufacturer in our industry to earn that certification
- Environment: We are ISO 14001:2004 certified and are the only manufacturer in our industry to hold that certification
Our recycling program includes reuse and/or reprocessing of:
- Powder paint
- Office waste
Our plant has also been presented with a Pollution Prevention Award and is an OSHA certified SHARP facility.
“We’ve taken extra steps not just to comply with the regulations that the state and local municipality require of us, but we’ve anticipated potential impacts and gone above and beyond requirements. At the end of the day, that makes us feel better about what we’re doing.”
– John Altstadt, President, Florence Manufacturing
Specifying Florence is a smart choice for green design. We are an industry leader for environmentally friendly practices.
To find out how Florence’s mailboxes can benefit your next project, contact Mike Travisano, Architectural Sales Manager, who is dedicated to your needs for all things green.